Frameless Shower Door Enclosure Systems
Seamless, tempered glass enclosures, custom and single shower doors, designed with exceptional structural integrity.
- Installed within 10 Days of Acceptance
- Most complete Warranty within the Business
DESCRIPTION Glass shower enclosures and glass shower doors are generally made from glass in order to add light and openness within an otherwise little bathing space. Planning your job and contemplating every one of the alternatives before starting work is able to assist you to save money and time.
View our CUstom Skyline Shower Door Enclosure Portfolio
Follow the link below to view one of our Skyline frameless shower door enclosure system projects.
Reasons To Go Frameless:
- Cleaner The clean appearance of thick, frameless glass panels makes your shower the focal point of the bathroom.
- Hygienic and Easy to Maintain
- With no crevasses, frameless glass panels are far easier to clean than framed panels. The metal parts of stainless steel instead of aluminum are also easier to maintain. You won’t have to worry about cleaning gunk, off of bulky metal parts.
- Modern Opening the substantial, tempered glass doors of a frameless glass shower enclosure are a far different experience than using the rattling shower doors of old. Also, shower designs such as the ‘neo-angle shower’, are at the top of the bathroom trends heap.
- Durable & Superior Craftsmanship Thick tempered glass is far less likely to break. The subtle hardware of a frameless shower stay in place and are fastened through holes drilled in the glass. This is unlike the shower doors of
big boxretailers, whose thin glass is held together by glue inside poor quality aluminum hangers. Also, the superior craftsmanship of high qualitymaterials and thicker glass makes our frameless glass shower doors one of the longest lasting enclosures in the industry!
- Clear Shield Glass Protectant To make your life easier still, add Clear Shield, a treatment that bonds to the glass and
your glass shower “ makes hydro-phobic” and keeps it very clear, as the water beads off of your glass.
- Environmentally Friendly One thing to consider – those vinyl shower curtains are proven to be toxic. The carcinogens found in PVC plastic that are used to create those ugly vinyl curtains can be harmful, not only to the environment when disposing of them, but to you, when you’re breathing in the air in your bathroom. With a frameless glass shower door, you have none of those concerns!
- Recyclable Glass is also recyclable. On the other hand, vinyl shower curtains have to not only be constantly replaced (costing you money), but they do not decompose and add to the waste.
- Shows Off Tile work Easily A frameless glass shower door will showcase your delicate tile work. There is no bulky hardware to hinder the view of your tiles, and with the option of Low-Iron glass, you can even get rid of any greenish hue, for a crystal-clear visual in your bathroom.
- Adds Value to Your Home Making a frameless glass shower the focal point of your bathroom will increase the value of your home. Research shows that such a bathroom
upgrade,is one of the best ways to increase the future purchase price of your home.
- Fully Customizable You get to configure your frameless glass shower the way you want it. Down to the size, height, width, glass type, hardware color, and hardware types.
- A Sleeker, Brighter, Bigger Bathroom The less bulky, “framed” hardware one has in their bathroom, and the more glass, the brighter their bathroom will be. With a frameless glass shower door, light is not impeded and the resulting brighter
bathroom,will also appear larger and more spacious!
Why Frameless Shower Doors…
A frameless glass shower door completes a luxurious bathroom like a Viking range perfects a kitchen. Consider how much of your life you spend in the bathroom; between brushing, showering, bathing, shaving, and applying makeup, you deserve a room you can truly relax in. It’s no wonder that the ancient Romans considered the bathroom one of the most important rooms in the house!
Frameless shower enclosures from A Cutting Edge Glass and Mirror can create a centerpiece that transforms your bathroom into a spacious place of respite.
In the past, shower doors required metal frames around the edges to hold the glass in place. With such framed shower doors, metal surrounded the entire glass door, leaving no exposed edges. Because these doors were constructed of thin, relatively inexpensive glass ranging from 1/8″ to 3/16″ thickness, they needed a metal frame to maintain their structural integrity. Durability was limited, however, and water and soap scum could easily gather in the metal crevices, leading to mildew and corrosion.
Enter frameless glass shower doors. Frameless shower doors do exactly what the name implies: they eliminate the need for metal framing entirely. These doors are made from tempered glass ranging from 3/8″ to 1/2″ thick, making the door sturdy and structurally sound. Maximizing the use of glass and minimizing the use of metal adds light to the bathroom, creating a more open and inviting look. But beyond opening up a tight space, these enclosures add elegance and style to a room that is all-too-often overlooked.
Frameless glass shower doors can be used for both stand-alone showers and as frameless bathtub screens. Options include everything from an in-line shower door covering one side of the shower, to four glass panels surrounding an entire shower or bathtub. You can even choose neo-angled panels, which fit in a corner and feature three sides of glass (the middle panel serving as the shower door). For the glass itself, you may opt for clear glass, low iron glass, frosted glass, rain glass, bronze glass or grey glass.
And that’s just the beginning: with the frameless shower doors as the room’s anchor, you are free to unleash your artistic side on the rest of the bathroom. Surround the doors with tile, marble, or granite to add depth and luxury. Add a stylish metal door handle and towel bar to create the illusion of structures floating in mid-air. Let your creativity run wild and design the perfect space to fit your lifestyle!
Concerned about costs? Don’t be: while the initial cost may be greater, frameless glass doors actually work out to be less expensive than framed shower doors, in the long run. They are more durable than framed shower doors and can easily be cleaned to like-new condition. Thus, they hold their look and value for years. Moreover, whether you plan to sell your home in the near future or years down the line, you can likely expect an increase in its resale value due to your glass shower doors.
Bathroom upgrades offer one of the greatest returns of investment on your home. According to Remodeling Magazine’s 2010 Cost vs. Value Report, the national average rate of return is 64.1 percent. Translated, that means that if you spend $10,000 to update your bathroom, you can recoup, on average, $6,410 when you sell your house.
With this handy little piece of information, the cost seems marginal compared to the benefit; which probably helps explain the recent surge in popularity of frameless shower doors. As these frameless doors have increasingly been recognized as a sleek, innovative trend in home design, renowned architects have begun incorporating them into their projects, and homeowners have not lagged too far behind.
So why not turn your outdated washroom into a deliciously luxurious space where you can pamper yourself? It doesn’t take much to turn your bathroom into a space where you’ll actually want to spend more time: a place where you can retreat into a haven of relaxation and blissful solitude, from which you can emerge soothed, refreshed, and energized. Sound better than your moldy, not-so-fabulous shower curtain that is hiding some not-so-microscopic bacteria? You’re probably right. It’s time to upgrade. And when you are unwinding after a long day of work in your own private oasis that will put any spa to shame, you’ll grow to have a little respect for the ancient Romans.
Shop with the confidence of knowing that A Cutting Edge Glass & Mirror offers a comprehensive, straightforward warranty on all glass shower doors sold and installed by our technicians for a period of three years. In most cases, we install frameless shower doors in less than two weeks from the time of your approval. Call A Cutting Edge Glass & Mirror today for your free, no obligation estimate, or simply submit a Request for Quote.