If you’ve got refined furniture finishes that require protection from leaks or injury there is nothing more flexible or shields better-than glass. It offers an affordable choice when compared with when mishaps do happen while at the same period enabling you to really appreciate the great thing about the timber finish refinishing.
A Cutting Edge Glass and Mirror, Inc. provides several colors and thicknesses for standalone and base glass tops, too. Regular clear glass has a little greenish hue; nevertheless, low iron glass can also be accessible. This glass offers a superior look when seen from the side, or you may select from brown, grey or perhaps blue glass to accentuate your decor. With numerous possibilities, we too can personalize the side finishes
Need a glass table top?
You’ve come to the right place. Here at A Cutting Edge Glass and Mirror, we have the capability to custom cut, bevel, polish and temper your glass at our manufacturing plant in Las Vegas, NV. This ensures a perfectly customized fit, gives you the opportunity to choose the glass type you want, and gets it delivered to you in record time for your home and office needs. Whether it’s for a glass table top replacement, glass table top cover or a table design of your own, the steps for customizing your glass table top are the same. Our glass table tops are custom manufactured, which means that all pieces can be to your specification.
Why Glass Table Tops?
- Protect your furniture from nicks, scratches, and other possible damage.
- Refresh older pieces with a less permanent option, as compared to stains or paint.
- Glass is beautiful; a glass top is an excellent way to add shine to an otherwise dull item.
- Elevate the impact of wood tables or dressers while protecting these investments from scratches, glass rings, sun damage and scuffs.
- Order a tabletop to complete a table, nightstand or even a plant stand.
- Renew old glass table inserts with a glass table replacement; outdoor tables are especially vulnerable to damage and weathering.
Glass tabletops are used in a number of different ways, but the most popular is to use the glass to protect the surface of a table, desk, or a coffee table. When used as a cover on a wood surface, normally a thinner glass such as 1/4″ is used. The edges of the glass would normally be polished to smooth them out and avoid the possibility of injury from the sharp edges. When glass is used as a wood surface cover there is no need for tempering the glass.
Checklist for when glass sits directly on the surface of furniture:
- Recommended glass thickness: 1/4″ is the preferred thickness. 3/8″ or 1/2″can be used for effect but make sure that the furniture can carry the weight.
- Recommended edge: flat polish is the preferred edge work. However, pencil polish or beveled polish can be used to give accent or a dramatic effect.
- Glass Strength: Annealed glass is sufficient to protect the table but glass can always be tempered for added safety, especially if there are younger kids in the house.
Benefits of Table Cover
There are many benefits in using glass as a cover to protect your valuable furniture:
- Easy to clean and hygienic.
- Does not scratch or get damaged easily.
- The transparent nature of glass helps show the beauty of your valuable furniture.
- Use ultra clear or low Iron glass for more transparency.
- Use clear shield to make it even easier to keep your glass cover clean.
- No more table cloth or covers to wash.
- No more worries about stubborn stains.
- Always custom made for a perfect fit.
What You Need to Know About Glass Table Covers?
- When used as a cover, thinner glass such as 1/4″ is used most.
- There is normally no need to temper the glass as there is ample support provided by the furniture.
- The most common finish is a smooth polish but a decorative beveled edge can be used as well.
- The corners of the glass are normally slightly rounded but the exact shape of the table can also be duplicated.
- Send us a picture of the table and/ or a paper template for a precise fabrication.
- Choose glass type or color according to your preference.
What Is The Difference Between Glass Table Tops And Glass Table Covers?
- The main difference is glass thickness.
- A thick glass table top can be used both as a protective glass table cover on existing furniture, and as the whole glass surface of a table on an existing pedestal.
- It is not recommended to use a thin glass table cover as the whole surface of a glass table top.